New country, new job, new apartment, new year. Lots of new things for 2018 and they have all got me feeling inspired! 2018 is going to be a great year. Taken inspiration from Gretchen Rubin’s “Happier” Podcast, here are Eighteen Things for 2018.
Less New Year’s Resolutions, more….plans. Big, small, trivial, anything.
1. Take a course on Coursera.
2. Make general blog name and buy a domain. (How long have I been saying this for?!)
3. Go to Bali.
4. Do not purchase any more patterned clothing items.
5. Buy plants for my balcony in my soon-to-be apartment. (TBH this whole list could be things I need to buy for my soon-to-be apartment…….)
6. Try the 1 Second Everyday App
7. Go to a rooftop bar.
This is when I realized this is harder than I expected……*sits and thinks for 20+ minutes*
8. Buy more dresses (it’s hot here, OK).
9. (But not too many cause I’m all about that minimalist wardrobe, which I want to improve upon…)
10. ….Stop contradicting myself.
11. Eat chilli crab.
12. Swap music for podcasts more frequently.
13. Get a library card. (There’s a library right across from my new apartment!)
14. Keep experimenting with my new camera.
15. Make Singaporean friends.
16. Understand Singlish.
17. Find my go-to coffee shop in my new neighbourhood.
18. Spend a rainy day at the ArtScience Museum.
Whew! That was more difficult than I expected. I have tons of stuff I need to do come the new year: open a bank account, set up monthly phone plan, etc. But those were all a little too boring for this list.
I’ve already accomplished a lot since my arrival in Singapore just over two weeks ago. I’ve drank a Singapore Sling, eaten a Michelin star meal at a Hawker Centre, found an apartment (T-Minus 3 days till move in day), been to Chinatown, Little Arabia, and Marina Bay Sands
I can’t wait to look back at this list a year from now.
Until next post!